|المعرفة (مجد الدين)|
الطائر entered the Bureau, and greeted Malik.
- الطائر: Safety and peace, Malik.
- Malik: Were that the city was possessed of either. Why do you trouble me today?
- الطائر: المعلم has marked مجد الدين for death. What can you tell me about him?
- Malik: Salāḥ ad-Dīn's absence has left the city without a proper leader, and مجد الدين has appointed himself to play the part. Fear and intimidation get him what he wants. He has no true claim to the position.
- الطائر: That ends today.
- Malik: You speak too readily. This is not some slaver we're discussing. He rules Jerusalem and is well protected because of it. I suggest you plan your attack carefully, get to better know your prey.
- الطائر: With your help I will. Where would you have me begin my search?
- Malik: What's this? You're actually asking for my assistance instead of demanding it. I'm impressed.
- الطائر: Be out with it.
- Malik: As you wish. Here's where I would look. First, to the southwest near the mosque. After that, head south of here. There are two locations that might interest you. The southernmost church is one. The other is in the streets, near a synagogue.
- الطائر: Thank you for your help, Dai.
- Malik: Don't foul this, الطائر.
After gathering the necessary information. الطائر returned to the Bureau.
- Malik: What news, novice?
- الطائر: I am not a novice.
- Malik: A man's skill is defined by his actions, not the markings on his robe.
- الطائر: We can trade barbs, or do المعلم's work. It's your decision.
- Malik: Then be out with it.
- الطائر: Jerusalem's Regent, مجد الدين is holding a public execution not far from here. It's sure to be well guarded but it's nothing I can't handle. I know what to do.
- Malik: And that is why you remain a novice in my eyes. You cannot know anything, only suspect. You must expect to be wrong, to have overlooked something. Anticipate, الطائر. How many times must I remind you of this?
- الطائر: As you wish. Are we done?
- Malik: Not quite. There is one more thing. One of the men to be executed is a Brother, one of us. المعلم wishes for him to be saved. Do not worry about the actual rescue, my men will take care of that. But you must ensure مجد الدين does not take his life.
- الطائر: I won't give him the chance.
- Malik: So I hope.
Malik placed a feather on the counter, and الطائر took it.
الطائر shared his knowledge on مجد الدين with Malik, and was given leave to proceed with the assassination of his target.