|الاغتيال (روبرت دي سابل)|
I've been deceived! روبرت has long since left القدس. Arsuf is his destination - and so it will be mine as well. I only hope I will not be too late. If Robert succeeds in convincing Richard and Salah Al'Din we are the enemy, the Assassins will be destroyed. We cannot withstand the combined might of the Saracen and Crusader armies.
الطائر made his way to the cemetery, but was exposed before assassinating his target. It was later revealed that Robert sent a decoy in his place, and rode for Arsuf to unite the Saracens and Crusaders against the Assassins. After returning to the city's Assassin Bureau and speaking with Malik, الطائر pursued Robert.
الطائر made his way inside the cemetery, and blended with the crowd as the funeral was underway. He could see روبرت دي سابل standing near the priest.
- Crowd: Amen!
- Priest: We gather here to mourn the loss of our beloved Majd Addin, taken too soon from this world. I know you feel sorrow and pain at his passing, but you should not. For just as we are all brought forth from the womb, so too must we all one day pass from this world. It is only natural, like the rising and the setting of the sun. Take this moment to reflect on his life and give thanks for all the good he did. Know that one day, we will stand with him again in paradise!
Robert seemed to notice الطائر amidst the crowd.
- Crowd: Amen!
Robert walked over to the priest and whispered to him, then signaled his men to take positions.
- Priest: As you know, this man was murdered! We have tried to track his killer, but it has proved difficult! These creatures cling to the shadows and run from any who would face them fairly. But not today! For it seems one stands among us! He mocks us with his presence, and must be made to pay! Seize him!
The Priest pointed at الطائر, and the crowd dispersed.
- Priest: Bring him forward, that God's justice might be done!
Exposed, الطائر was forced to fight Robert and the guards. Eventually, he managed to defeat all of his opponents and moved in to assassinate Robert.
- الطائر: I would see your eyes before you die.
Upon removing the helmet, it was revealed that the person was Maria Thorpe, posing as روبرت دي سابل.
- Maria: I sense you expected someone else.
- الطائر: What sorcery is this?!
- Maria: No sorcery. We knew you'd come. Robert needed to be sure he'd have time to get away.
- الطائر: So he flees!
- Maria: We cannot deny your success. You have laid waste to our plans. First the treasure, then our men. Control of the Holy Land slipped away. But then he saw an opportunity, to reclaim what has been stolen, to turn your victories to our advantage.
- الطائر: المعلم still holds your treasure, and we've routed your army before. Whatever Robert plans, he'll fail again.
- Maria: Ah, but it's not just Templars you'll contend with now.
- الطائر: Speak sense!
- Maria: Robert rides for Arsuf to plead his case that Saracen and Crusader unite against the Assassins.
- الطائر: That will never happen! They have no reason to.
- Maria: Had perhaps. But now you've given them one. Nine in fact. The bodies you've left behind, victims on both sides. You've made the Assassins an enemy in common and ensured the annihilation of your entire Order. Well done.
- الطائر: Not nine. Eight.
- Maria: What do you mean?
- الطائر: You are not my target. I will not take your life. You're free to go, but do not follow me.
- Maria: I don't need to. You're already too late.
- الطائر: We'll see.
الطائر escaped the cemetery and returned to the Bureau.
- الطائر: It was a trap!
- Malik: I had heard the funeral turned to chaos. What happened?
- الطائر: روبرت دي سابل was never here. He sent another in his stead. He was expecting me.
- Malik: You must go to المعلم!
- الطائر: There's no time. She told me where he's gone, what he plans. If I return to مصياف, he might succeed, and then, I fear we'll be destroyed.
- Malik: We have killed most of his men. He cannot hope to mount a proper attack. Wait... did you say "she"?
- الطائر: Yes, it was a woman. Strange, I know, but that's for another time. For now we must focus on Robert. We may have thinned his ranks but the man is clever. He goes to plead his case to Richard and Salāḥ ad-Dīn, to unite them against the common enemy. Against us.
- Malik: Surely you are mistaken. This makes no sense. These two men would never--
- الطائر: Oh, but they would. And we have ourselves to blame. The men I've killed, men on both sides of the conflict, men important to both leaders. Robert's plan may be ambitious but it makes sense, and it could work.
- Malik: Look, Brother. Things have changed. You must return to مصياف. We cannot act without our Master's permission. It could compromise the Brotherhood. I thought... I thought you had learned this.
- الطائر: Stop hiding behind words, Malik! You wield the Creed and its tenets like some shield. He's keeping things from us, important things! You're the one who told me we could never know anything, only suspect. Well I suspect this business with the Templars goes deeper. When I'm done with Robert, I will ride for مصياف that we may have answers. But perhaps you could go now!
- Malik: I cannot leave the city.
- الطائر: Then walk amongst its people. Seek out those who served the ones I slew. Learn what you can. You call yourself perceptive, perhaps you'll see something I could not.
- Malik: I don't know. I must think on this.
- الطائر: Do as you must, my friend. But it's time I ride for Arsuf. Every moment I delay, our enemy gets one step ahead of me.
- Malik: Be careful, Brother.
- الطائر: I will be. I promise.
الطائر then left the Bureau and travelled to Arsuf, in pursuit of Robert.
الطائر spared Maria Thorpe after learning of Robert's plans, and pursued his target to Arsuf.