|الاستجواب (مجد الدين)|
مجد الدين seems to have goals of his own, separate from those of his leader, صلاح الدين. He's executing innocent people, labeling them enemies of the city. There seems to be no method to his madness, and so now fear grips القدس. No one knows when he or she might be dragged before his blade. Is he simply drunk with power, or is there some greater purpose I've yet to find?
الطائر approached the herald and listened to his speech.
- الخطيب: We all hold darkness in our hearts. Each day is a struggle to remain in our faith. We are only human - we might falter, we might fail. مجد الدين is here to see that even when this happens, we are returned to a proper course. Confess to him, and he will show mercy. But, if you try to run, to hide, you will be found and made to pay. Watch carefully those around you, those you think you know so well. For none of us is above temptation. Should they act contrary to the law, no matter how minor it seems, they must be reported. A small crime today, leads to larger ones tomorrow. مجد الدين will help, only come forward, so that he might know their names. There is no harm in naming them, those among you who defy the law. We are nothing without our faith, without its rules and its direction. To defy it, is to defy the one who leads us - such behavior cannot be allowed.
After the herald was finished, الطائر followed him and beat him into submission.
- الخطيب: Enough! I still breathe, so you must desire more than just my life. What is it?
- الطائر: You know مجد الدين well?
- الخطيب: Better than most.
- الطائر: He seems a bit too righteous. Is the law really so important to him?
- الخطيب: What do you think?
- الطائر: I think he hides something, and I think you'll tell me what it is.
- الخطيب: It's a veil, all of it. Men like me, we are meant to scare them, fill the people with fear. The ones he kills - not criminals, but dangerous all the same.
- الطائر: Dangerous to whom?
- الخطيب: His plans. Their plans. Yes, he speaks of others, those he works with. Works for, perhaps. I am uncertain. They need the city though. Controlling it is important to them.
- الطائر: Why?
- الخطيب: You'll have to ask him yourself. Attend one of his executions, it's when he's most talkative. Addressing the crowd, hands covered in blood.
- الطائر: Then we are done.
الطائر then stabbed the herald in the stomach with his Hidden Blade, killing him.
الطائر learned that مجد الدين had decided to rule the people of القدس through fear and uncertainty.