الطائر approached the herald and listened to his speech.
- الخطيب: The عكا port is now under the jurisdiction of Master سيبراند, exalted leader of the Knights Teutonic! All crew members are to be turned over to the Order for conscription into the fleet! By order of سيبراند, all merchant vessels must be turned over to the Teutonic Order! Clear out your cargo! Ship deeds must be presented to the court of a chain, by midday tomorrow! No exceptions, no delays! All docked vessels must be cleared of crew and cargo! Captains are to present themselves to a representative from the Teutonic Order for reassignment! Any attempt to maintain possession of a claimed vessel, will be punished severely!
Once the speech was over, الطائر followed the herald, before beating him into submission.
- الخطيب: It's not my fault, I'm only following orders! If you want your ship back, speak with the court!
- الطائر: That's not what I'm after.
- الخطيب: Then what?
- الطائر: سيبراند's claimed near a hundred ships. For what purpose?
- الخطيب: A blockade. They're to sail for open water, and establish a perimeter.
- الطائر: For what? Does Salāḥ ad-Dīn intend to strike from sea?
- الخطيب: No, it's not he we defend against, but ships from home! To deny Richard more troops!
- الطائر: Why would one of Richard's own want to see him weakened in this way?
- الخطيب: I don't know. Ask سيبراند, they're his orders, I'm just meant to carry them out. Now, please, let me go, I've told you all I know.
- الطائر: I'm sorry. I cannot risk you telling him I'm here.
الطائر then stabbed the herald in the stomach with his Hidden Blade, killing him.
الطائر learned that سيبراند intended to create a naval blockade.